Thursday, August 26, 2010

for the last week we had Cade's mom and aunt here to visit us. It was awesome. WE had so much fun touring around Paris and driving around France. We picked them up from the train station on Wednesday night. ON Thursday we did stuff around paris and on Friday we woke up early and rented a car to drive across the country. IT was so fun. We drove through the loire valley and then to Mont Saint Michel and then to Normandy to see the D day beaches. It was an awesome weekend. We stayed Friday night in the cutest bed and breakfast in the middle of french farmland. It was so darling. On our drive home we stopped in a city that Cade served in on his mission. I guess the church isn't a church any more. The rest of the week we spent around Paris doing all the Paris stuff. It was sad to see them go, but I'm sure they're excited to get out of a tiny one bedroom apartment. We can't wait to see them again at Christmas. We are leaving Paris for our 2 week trip next week. CRAZY! Also, I am now 22 years old. I'm a woman.



view from the top of the eiffel tower



Cade and his Ladies



some of the Loire Valley chateaux





the B&B we stayed in



Mont Saint Michel
view from Mont Saint MIchel



some old barracks at Omaha beach
Omaha Beach
The American Cemetery


The old church in one of Cade's areas on the mish (not a church any more)


up Notre Dame





a cafe with a great view





Walking the streets of Paris

Garden of Versailles
we got attacked by a swan while we were eating lunch.

EsCarGot any one?

my birthday cake

to finish off the trip, we got a crepe.





ps
what a great model i have


2 comments:

Mel said...

Um...Kristi, you should stop posting all your fun pictures. Either that or I should stop reading your blog because I get jealous. he, he. No really, I never wanted to go to France until you make it look so pretty and fun. You should be a travel agent!! A travel agent that gives really good fitness tips (so you can use your degree of course). This is the longest blog comment I have ever written. You can thank Tom, who is announcing a football game and I am home bored.....
LATER!

Mickelle said...

I hope you had a great birthday! I still can't believe you've been touring all of Europe this summer. Hope you're having a blast. Still miss you tons...Kemal's a psych btw