Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Soissons











Well, this past weekend Kristi and I got to go to the wonderful Picardie region of France. My first area on my mission was Soissons, and I loved it and the families there, so I couldn't wait to take Kristi there. So on Friday we took an hour train ride from Paris to Soissons, where we walked around for about 3-4 hours and I showed her the city. It brought back a lot of memories. Then Edith Poletz came and picked us up in the evening, where we went back to their farm and house. I love the Poletz family, they are great. They were very good to us, and let us stay for two nights, and they sure fed us well. Friday was a tour of the farm, etc, where they showed us all sorts of cool remnants from the World Wars that took place there. Saturday they took us to Pierrefonds, a great castle I visited on my mission, but definitely worth a return trip. Then just hung out at the house and played games for the rest of the evening. Sunday we went to church with them in St Quentin (the boundaries have changed so they and a couple other families are no longer in the Soissons branch). It was fun to have church in French again, and it was great to see the Membre family as well. The were going to come to the Poletz' house on Sunday night, but something came up, so I guess we have an excuse to go back now. It was a fun weekend.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Is it me, or do all the old churches look the same? It sounds/looks way fun and exciting!

Ginger said...

Love the pics! Looks awesome! Glad you had your first pastry Kristi :) You will have to learn where to buy the best ones when all your guests come to visit!

alias: Ender Wiggin said...

Hey Kristi! I have to admit I have not read your blog in s long while and I look and HOLY CRAP!!!! So much has happened! I am so excited for you to have graduated! Congrats! And Congrats to Cade for his awesome job and for you guys living in France. If I can ever mail you so safe food let me know!