Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 2











Today we walked from our apartment into the heart of the city then up to Mont Martre. Before we left we finally went to a grocery store to buy some food.
in the heart of the city we saw:
Luxembourg gardens and palace, the pantheon and a church next to it that was built in the 1400s (the original church was built in 510. then we went to NOtre Dame where we had our first LDS missionary sighting. Cade was giggling for a while because it was some of the missionaries' first day "they don't know what they're in for" a quote from cade. We went to the church and saw many more missionaries just hanging out. I thought they were supposed to be preaching. oh well. we went to a few fab stores and then headed to Sacre Coeur up on Mont Martre. Then we ended it all by hitting the Moulin Rouge.
We rode the metro home because we were so tired of walking all day long. When we got home we took a couple hour nap from 8-about930. Then Cade made us some fabulous tortillas and we had burritos.

4 comments:

Zane and Cami said...

YOU GUYS ARE SO COOL! I can't wait to hear about your adventures! Keep the updates coming.

Heidi said...

I can't wait to show this to Annie! She's going to be jealous, but not as jealous as I am!!! Wow!! I miss you so much. You never call, you never write... Oh well...

Keep up the good work on the blog. A W Esome!

The Miles Family said...

Oh my gosh you guys how exciting!! I can't wait for the day when we can travel. Cade..i bet it's fun to be back, especially with your wife. :) What an awesome experience.

Kelly said...

I love your pictures! I hope you're adjusting and having a great time. It will definitely be an adventure!